britishseapowerman

RDX Housing to port stability??

Hi there - my new RDX 550 housing arrived yesterday and there is a slight concern for me - I attached the L port base into the main body and locked down the metallic disc - however there is still some movement(very slight) from the L base. This is a bit of a concern as I would have expected it to have locked it firmly in place with no movement at all. Is this normal, I guess my thinking is that if the L base can move then the o ring seal between it and the housing can move creating room for things to go wrong! I'm going to take it for a dip without camera first to see anyway but wanted to enquire with you guys to see whether this is normal?

Any input would be welcome.

Many thanks in advance,

Hi dont wory i have some very slight movment from the L-base too and i was worrid if there was somting wrong or had been incorrectly mount on the housing.

after test dive witout camera i was happy whit the uwhouse no leaks and since then i have done 15-20 dives and whit out any problems its preformce great. so the small movment

you are concern dont worry seems to bee normal. To be sure make a couple of dive whitout camera to be completely safe and dont take out the base and port

too often let it sit on the house .A good tip is too bring out the base and port every 10-15 dive more or less for inspection of o-rings port base so everyting is

okey lubricateo-rings and put the gears together and be happy and go diving .

Hope this help regards kent

Edited by diverocket

Sponsors

Advertisements