Sign in to follow this  
Alex_Tattersall

D7000, NA-D7000 Nauticam housing, Red Sea

Hi all,

Here are some shots taken last week in the Northern Red Sea on one of my photo trips. Had fun with Stu and Louise and got to see some top schooling action in Ras Mohammed.

All the wide angle shots taken with Tokina 10-17, 1.4x teleconverter and Zen 100mm minidome

1. Thistlegorm taken at 30meters

5973356592_1b19eff23e_b.jpg

2. Inside the Giannis D

5973350502_00e0a94f47_b.jpg

3. Batfish cleaning station on Shark Reef

5973367068_f5da31b822_b.jpg

4. Giant Moray on Yolanda Reef

5972807909_376c78a1c6_b.jpg

5. Sergeant Majors at Sharks Bay

5972791181_4cfa77b38a_b.jpg

6. Nemos on Dunraven

5972805789_1379bbced1_b.jpg

and these taken with 105mm VR macro

7. Yawning lionfish on Ras Um Sid

5972808999_c8430a39af_b.jpg

8. Arabian Picasso Triggerfish on Jackson Reef

5973780434_639a71b848_b.jpg

9. Male leopard blenny - Jackson Reef (Thanks Stu)

5973372138_4c5875b13c_b.jpg

10. Female leopard blenny - Jackson Reef

5972804087_8a8f255983_b.jpg

More can be seen on my Flickr Site. Definitely a good time to go to Northern Red Sea!

Really nice Alex! Please help me understand how you have the port setup. What extension are you using if any?

Glad you guys had a productive trip. How did you find the environment on the beach and getting to the resort/boat?

Cheers,

Steve

Beautiful shots.

Were all the shots taken with the teleconverter?

All the wide angle ones were, yes. I use the Zen 100mm dome for the 10-17 Tokina (DP-100-NT) and an extension ring 20 (plus the zoom gear for the Tokina and teleconverter.

I was running a trip at Shark's Bay through Oonas Divers, 3 days mini-safari liveaboard to Abu Nuhas and Thisltegorm and then 4 days land based to Ras Mohammed and Tiran Straights.

All the wide angle ones were, yes. I use the Zen 100mm dome for the 10-17 Tokina (DP-100-NT) and an extension ring 20 (plus the zoom gear for the Tokina and teleconverter.

I was running a trip at Shark's Bay through Oonas Divers, 3 days mini-safari liveaboard to Abu Nuhas and Thisltegorm and then 4 days land based to Ras Mohammed and Tiran Straights.

Great shots Alex. Amazing light.

Could you tell me how is the situation in Sharm right now? Im leaving in a couple of weeks to Shark bay (umbi village) and would like to know how is the diving now :-), crowdy?

Wonderful shots. I love the blues in all the pics... it's really nice to see those blues in the macro shots too. Love the lionfish and blennies too.

Nice shots Alex. Love the lion fish yawning. It was great to dive with you, even if you do hog all the subjects. lol

Stew

Wonderful photos. My favorite is the picasso triggerfish, and I like them all.

Nice clear shots! You must have been pretty close to the objects? Cheers, Al.

Nice work Alex - that is a really nice set. I like them all - the moray caught my eye. I just tried the Bare minidome/1.4x teleconverter/10-17 Tokina for the first time on my Komodo trip - In general, I didn't get get close enough when I reviewed pictures after the dive (even though it felt like I was really close while shooting). Looks like you have it figured out.

The Fix light you brought me from Taiwan when we went to Raja Ampat finally gave up this last trip - so an excuse to upgrade I guess!!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements