Drew

Canon Cinema EOS announces EOS-1D C and C500 4k cameras @ NAB

With Sony E-mount lenses? I haven't shot with them, so I can't judge personally. However, I certainly don't hear anyone raving about how great that glass is...

Some of the Sony E-mount lenses are actually not bad. Here's what Sony Zeiss 24mm f1.8 can do wide open on a older camera without in-camera CA reduction. Both the 24mm Zeiss and the 50mm f1.8 are very hard to get right now since Sony cannot keep up with demands.

The difference between E-mount and the traditional dSLR lenses is that the E-mount autofocus motors and protocol are engineered from the ground up to handle both stills and videos while the traditional dSLR lenses are only designed with still photography in mind. Once the video record button is pushed, the E-mount AF becomes smooth and steady to avoid the frantic pace still lenses behave. For the A-mount, the new 16-50 f2.8 is also a still/video lens and the reviews have been pretty positive also and with the LA-EA2 A-mount adapter should give FS700, 100 phase-detection video autofocus similar to this.

Yes, with 3rd-party adapters, pretty much all lenses from Canon, Nikon, Zeiss, Leica... etc. can be used as manual-focus alternatives.

Edited by A.Y.

Sponsors

Advertisements