Sign in to follow this  
garyyoss

Key Largo August 2011

Hey All,

Just finished up a week with Stephen Frink in Key Largo at one of his underwater photography workshops.

I would encourage anyone that has ever had an interest in taking one of his workshops to take the plunge. You couldn't find a nicer guy than Stephen as well as shooting and diving with a great bunch of people makes for a great week.

Please take a look at some of my images taken at http://www.garyyoss.com/p689407224

Dive In,

Gary

Great shots!

Nice pics..surprised you had a good viz at the Jesus statue. Usually it is horrible viz there due to all the snorkelers there usually. Did you kick out to where the elkhorn coral is? I am not a big fan of the Jesus dive site. Most dive operators hate going there.

Nice pics..surprised you had a good viz at the Jesus statue. Usually it is horrible viz there due to all the snorkelers there usually. Did you kick out to where the elkhorn coral is? I am not a big fan of the Jesus dive site. Most dive operators hate going there.

We head out a little early that morning for a quick pass for 15 minutes at the statue before the usual suspects arrive.

That is a shot looking up into the "conversation bell" at The Aquarius Habitat.

Aquarius is an underwater ocean laboratory located in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. The laboratory is deployed three and half miles offshore, at a depth of 60 feet, next to spectacular coral reefs. Scientists live in Aquarius during ten–day missions using saturation diving to study and explore our coastal ocean. Aquarius is owned by NOAA and is operated by the University of North Carolina Wilmington.

We were able to dive at The Habitat because of Stephen Frink's relationship with NOAA.

http://aquarius.uncw.edu/

That is a shot looking up into the "conversation bell" at The Aquarius Habitat.

Aquarius is an underwater ocean laboratory located in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. The laboratory is deployed three and half miles offshore, at a depth of 60 feet, next to spectacular coral reefs. Scientists live in Aquarius during ten–day missions using saturation diving to study and explore our coastal ocean. Aquarius is owned by NOAA and is operated by the University of North Carolina Wilmington.

We were able to dive at The Habitat because of Stephen Frink's relationship with NOAA.

http://aquarius.uncw.edu/

Nice shots, liked nr 20. I only know Key Largo from the famous Humphrey Bogart movie.

Good to see that the underwater world is still in good shape..

Regards Al

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements