Sign in to follow this  
MitHere

Okay, it's not that fish are frustrating - it's female dive "buddies"

Yes, fish are frustrating but it's more the pressure of a certain recently qualified OW girlfriend that now dives with me and wants me to be with her rather than a goby. Must be the gills.

I love her to pieces but nothing sours a relationship like when you finally get focus lock on the eyes and you get shaken violently to look at a beautiful coral head she just found :)

How do you guys satisfy your women underwater? (Take from that what you will lol)

Get her a camera :) My other half was much the same - when I dived with her I never felt I could truly relax. I got her a little compact, after one trip we upgraded her to a G12 with strobe :)

I would make sure she got a few dives under her belt first, and is comfortable in the water.

You could even consider the total sacriliedge of doing a few dives with her, without a camera, and coach her on the finer points of bouyancy control - with the view to mqaking her your model :D

Edited by londonsean69

Yes, fish are frustrating but it's more the pressure of a certain recently qualified OW girlfriend that now dives with me and wants me to be with her rather than a goby. Must be the gills.

I love her to pieces but nothing sours a relationship like when you finally get focus lock on the eyes and you get shaken violently to look at a beautiful coral head she just found :)

How do you guys satisfy your women underwater? (Take from that what you will lol)

Go tec diving where she can't follow........haha

Get her a camera :) My other half was much the same - when I dived with her I never felt I could truly relax. I got her a little compact, after one trip we upgraded her to a G12 with strobe :)

I would make sure she got a few dives under her belt first, and is comfortable in the water.

You could even consider the total sacriliedge of doing a few dives with her, without a camera, and coach her on the finer points of bouyancy control - with the view to mqaking her your model ;)

Haha I've mentioned it but she said it's waste when WE already have OUR set-up.

And she's comfortable in the water just fine :D She just likes us being a team *Sighs*

Just to clarify, I'm mostly joking :)

Go tec diving where she can't follow........haha

She followed me. LOL :)

Teach her about the critters and have her be your spotter. Show her how by going slow and really looking hard, she can find the best subjects.

Win-win.

Jack

Teach her about the critters and have her be your spotter. Show her how by going slow and really looking hard, she can find the best subjects.

Win-win.

Jack

Although MitHere's thread is mostly light-hearted, there's substance to his quandary! And Jack's suggestion is just how my wife/dive buddy and I handle it. Truth is, she finds the majority of my really memorable subjects, no exaggeration. If I'm concentrating on f-stops and strobe angles I'm apt to miss the free-swimming octopus trying to mate with the dolphin just behind me or the pygmy seahorse she found.

One of my best video editing students is a hard core tech diver, glad she is married to someone else. Actually, wish I had caves here in San Diego, I would get certified right away. The dives she is doing are just incredible and she has grown greatly as a shooter and editor.

Steve

The answer is.......a good camera! That way she can take a shot of that coral head while you are waiting for the goby to get in the perfect position.

Seriously, my wife and I practice decent budy skills and we wait for each other while one is taking a shot. However, a dinky little camera won't get it. Your pictures will blow away hers. Not wise.

The secret is different lenses. I am a macro guy while my wife likes wider shots. No comparison, no competition.

Yeah, my GF is newly OW cert'd. Until now she's been a great spotter, now she want's to video :) So.... she's getting new vid lights instead of a "Toy" watch for her b-day. ;)

You have always have a spell on wide angle and teach her to model. Then you can take "team" shots. The trouble with buying a camera for your other half is that you lose your model and spotter. :)

In seriousness though, if she is newly qualified then everything is new and novel. Once she has more dives under her belt she is less likely to be relaxed and laid back.

D

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements