Sign in to follow this  
balagan

Canvas Prints

As part of my recent birthday celebrations my other half got me some credit at a local canvas print shop - so have enough for 4 large prints (everything is a bit pricey in the UAE). I have narrowed it down to the following shots but can't make up my mind, hard to be self critical. So if you kind folks could help, I'm looking for impact shots for around the house to brighten it up a bit and provide conversation pieces.

Here goes (Apologies for the pic overload)

LNHawkfish.jpg

HairySquatLobster.jpg

Nudibranch1-1.jpg

12.jpg

PygmySquid.jpg

crab1.jpg

crab2.jpg

Nudi0.jpg

Pygmyseahorse.jpg

Flabilina.jpg

For me #1 is the definite standout wallhanger, then #6, #3, then maybe #7 (mostly for it's color)

For me #1 is the definite standout wallhanger, then #6, #3, then maybe #7 (mostly for it's color)

Yep No 1 is a great shot. Not sure what happened when i first viewed it. It was very soft but not anymore? Maybe browser hadn't finished loading the image properly.

No.1 for me, all the way. Although I would up the blacks on the backgroundd to darken it a little.

I like no 6 best, I would also look at splitting the picture onto two two canvas', but that's my personal opinion because I really like that kind of affect.

Would also go with 3, 9 and 1.

:)

For me, its 1 and 6 and 9. I might try to bring up the pygmy and drop the brightness of the coral on 9.. particularly brighten/soften the shadows on the pygmy. Maybe that works maybe not. Might take a while to get it to the desired change but...if its a wall hanger, its worth some time.

Thanks for all your suggestions - looks like it is 1, 3, 6 & 9.

Unless I take any killer shots this weekend. Going to have my first bash at CFWA to try out my new port and 8mm fisheye.

1 and 6. They could use a bit more editing before printing, e.g., 1 has chromatic aberration still.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements