Sign in to follow this  
lundysd

Pacific Northwest Wide Angle

The cool waters of Puget Sound are home to a diverse array of life, but unfortunately visibility rarely reaches much above 20 feet (especially on sunny summer days). We were extremely fortunate this month to have several days of 25 ft visibility and sunny weather -- perfect conditions for wide angle photography. I was fortunate enough to get a few good shots in the shallow waters of a local dive site, Edmonds Underwater Park. These shots were taken with a Nauticam rig housing a D7000 and Tokina 10-17mm behind a 100mm Zen port, and I must say that I am quite impressed with this setup to deliver extremely high dynamic range and excellent sunbursts.

I hope you enjoy the photos -- for a full set, please visit...

really nice....

i have to get the small port and the 10-17mm...

i love the sunbursts - a real improvement over my D90 by the looks of it..

Very nice work in difficult conditions. Some of my favourite subjects too.

Cheers

Todd

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

jeebers -- These images were taken with a Nikon D7000 and Tokina 10-17mm in a Nauticam housing. I honestly cannot say enough good things about the Nauticam system -- the ergonomics and build quality are stellar. Ditto on the Zen port -- I've always shot the biggest dome I could find, but the little Zen is one heckuva little dome.

The strobes are Ikelites -- a single DS160 and a single DS125, both in manual mode. I had power on both pretty much pegged in order to shoot at 1/250th and f/16 to capture the sunrays.

Very nice clean images.

The composition and lighting in all is fantastic. I can second the quality of the Nauticam and Zenn mini dome.

Brilliant work, Scott! I really like the rich look of the sunstar image.

Lee

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements