Sign in to follow this  
sevans0579

Sony NEX 30mm Macro Lens

I am currently using the standard 18-55mm lens and port for all close up work with a diopter for the Nauticam NEX but soon the new 30mm macro lens will be released, was wondering if anyone has had any experience with 30mm macro as i notice most folk use the 60mm or 105mm. Will the 30mm be a worthy player amongst macro shots underwater or do i basically have to get in the face of a subject to get a decent shot? Got very little experience with macro so any advice will help.

Many thanks

I am currently using the standard 18-55mm lens and port for all close up work with a diopter for the Nauticam NEX but soon the new 30mm macro lens will be released, was wondering if anyone has had any experience with 30mm macro as i notice most folk use the 60mm or 105mm. Will the 30mm be a worthy player amongst macro shots underwater or do i basically have to get in the face of a subject to get a decent shot? Got very little experience with macro so any advice will help.

Many thanks

I just dived with the new 40 mm macro DX lens from Nikon on my D7000 and wasn't particularly satisfied, particularly for macro. You have to get in the face of a critter. Decent for fish photos. The 60mm is still the best. Am looking forward to the Nex7 and the 30mm macro or the 18-15 with a subsea adapter. Still searching for the holy grail.

SD

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements