Next year could be an expensive upgrade year for me...... :)

I just want the D400 while I am still somewhat gainfully employed....oh, wait, I am a teacher...and before my D200 becomes an entirely worthless paperweight...oh wait..it already is......if it wasn't for all of the lenses, I might consider the dark side...oh my.

I am beginning to think that Adobe and Nikon represent the forces of pure evil. Or not.

Cheers,

Marli

I just want the D400 while I am still somewhat gainfully employed....oh, wait, I am a teacher...and before my D200 becomes an entirely worthless paperweight...oh wait..it already is......if it wasn't for all of the lenses, I might consider the dark side...oh my.

I am beginning to think that Adobe and Nikon represent the forces of pure evil. Or not.

Cheers,

Marli

The D7000 is a great less expensive upgrade of the D200.

Edited by loftus

Cheers,

Marli

Your D200 still can create great images, yes? Lens are a good investment for photography, digital bodies are expendable; we shouldn't get too attached to them, there's always something new and cool to empty our wallet :)

Of course I can get great images, but the noise factor and lack of video make me want to upgrade. The buffer factor and upper lcd window are also features I like on the higher end models. It just seems to be a long overdue release from Nikon.

Cheers,

Marli

D7000 has a top LCD, just saying :) No buffer worth mentioning though.

How long before pixel peeping magazine editors demand 30+ mp images :) Getting a D4 might not be such a good idea :lol:

Today Nikon Rumors says Feb 7th for the D800, maybe....

My deposit is down. I wish I could justify a D4 and a D800, at the moment I am going to have to choose.

Edited by loftus

How long before pixel peeping magazine editors demand 30+ mp images :) Getting a D4 might not be such a good idea :)

I am sure that the D4 will be out pixel led by compacts during its lifetime. I know you are not making a serious point, Cor, but just for those who don't, I have never had a magazine editor ask me what camera I used or turn down a well-shot image for pixel reasons. And 6MP plus SLR - correctly shot is still perfectly acceptable for publication.

Today Nikon Rumors says Feb 7th for the D800, maybe....

My deposit is down. I wish I could justify a D4 and a D800, at the moment I am going to have to choose.

Or wait for the D500! I think that the D800 is going to be competitively priced.

Looking at the leaked pictures of the D800, I suspect it will physical fit in a D700 housing, but the controls have moved significantly (and those on the top-plate changed angle, plus there are new video buttons etc), which will make housing it troublesome in an existing housing. That said - the pix on Nikon RUmours make it look like it will be easy to design a housing for - with large and easy to engineer controls.

Alex

Seems like the announcement will be next week. There will be two versions, a "normal" D800 and the D800E, with identical sensor but AA filter removed. Most likely price will be around 3k USD.

Seems like the announcement will be next week. There will be two versions, a "normal" D800 and the D800E, with identical sensor but AA filter removed. Most likely price will be around 3k USD.

There are quite a few strong opinions about the AA filter versions. I'm wondering which one will be more appropriate for U/W photography. Right now I'm leaning toward the D800E (without AA filter), but I have to admit that it's a complex topic with lots of different viewpoints. Any thoughts on this, guys?

. Any thoughts on this, guys?

I think AA filters are needed for photos of man-made objects. For natural objects, such as underwater photos, I doubt an AA filter is needed.

I think I would buy a camera with an AA filter.

Rumors also say that the camera without the AA filter (the E version) will be about $500 more expensive. Really odd because one of the most expensive pieces of a DSLR is exactly the AA filter.

That's like Porsche charging more for stripped down models of the 911 because they go faster with less weight.

Nice, rumors confirmed. The site is super slow though, must be a lot of people trying to see it.

EDIT: I will lock this thread and start one about the actual camera.

Sponsors

Advertisements