Sign in to follow this  
Don Silcock

Tofo Megafauna

Hi Don,

Well done !!!

BTW,We want to visit Tofo next year 1-7 April 2012, is it a good timing for Manta and Whaleshark !!

Thank you !!

Regards

Edmond Chan

Hi Don,

Well done !!!

BTW,We want to visit Tofo next year 1-7 April 2012, is it a good timing for Manta and Whaleshark !!

Thank you !!

Regards

Edmond Chan

Hi Edmond, thanks for the comments - greatly appreciated!

As I understand it, November is the best time for both mantas and whale sharks.

Don

Hi Edmond, thanks for the comments - greatly appreciated!

As I understand it, November is the best time for both mantas and whale sharks.

Don

Hi Don,

Thanks !! Will keep in touch with you later !!

Regards

Edmond

Hi Don,

Well done !!!

Thank you !!

Regards

Edmond Chan

They have them year round, which is unique for the place. I've been in November and we had a draft then. Only one "real" dive with mantas in 18 dives and then a few snorkel opportunities with whale sharks on the way to and from the the dive sites. There had been a white shark spotted a week before our visit. I suspect it did scare the mantas away? It was seen once on Manta Reef by Simon Pierce and then once in the surface off Tofinjo. A group of scuba tourists thought it was a whale shark and was just about to jump into the water and snorkel with it when Simon noticed that it wasn't a whale shark and stopped them...

They have them year round, which is unique for the place. I've been in November and we had a draft then. Only one "real" dive with mantas in 18 dives and then a few snorkel opportunities with whale sharks on the way to and from the the dive sites. There had been a white shark spotted a week before our visit. I suspect it did scare the mantas away? It was seen once on Manta Reef by Simon Pierce and then once in the surface off Tofinjo. A group of scuba tourists thought it was a whale shark and was just about to jump into the water and snorkel with it when Simon noticed that it wasn't a whale shark and stopped them...

Yep.... I heard the great white story from Simon!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements