Xanderwater

Temperate Western Australia (Around Perth)

Just some photos from the temperate seas around where I live.

All taken on snorkel.

Greetings from Perth, Western Australia

Hope you enjoy!

INON UFL-M150 ZM80

6228556498_a69570351d.jpg

Kalbarri, Western Australia - INON UFL-M150 ZM80 Micro fish eye lens by xanderwater, on Flickr

6205839430_2358746114.jpg

Kalbarri, Western Australia - INON UFL-M150 ZM80 Micro fish eye lens by xanderwater, on Flickr

UWL-04

6228061277_f7981f296a.jpg

Mating Gloomy Octopus Couple by xanderwater, on Flickr

6209529377_bb993b2832.jpg

Kalbarri, Western Australia by xanderwater, on Flickr

5587483009_59c1cd330c.jpg

IMG_0882 by xanderwater, on Flickr

5688987082_b470d1a648.jpg

IMG_0983 by xanderwater, on Flickr

5715922970_d75967424c.jpg

Cottesloe, WA by xanderwater, on Flickr

5685778311_0b5bfe5e35.jpg

IMG_1089 by xanderwater, on Flickr

5773862487_842163fcdb.jpg

Winter in Cottesloe by xanderwater, on Flickr

5778549255_ce6150c137.jpg

Winter in Cottesloe by xanderwater, on Flickr

I do enjoy your photos!

I must I admit that I'm a sucker for shallow WA(wide angle) photos which include lot of surface and "golden hour" sun rays, like yours here. I don't even bother too much about the burnt out whites in the sea-dragon background as the rest is right (colour and composition)

I'd would also like to revisit WA(Western Australia), 5 years since last (and only) visit...

How do you find that insect-fisheye extension? Ease of use, etc...

Cheers

/O

Great shots! Loving the Hermit Crab Over-Under as well as the Leafy + Sunburst shot - Outstanding.

Cheers,

Steve

I love your first shot, and your hermit crab under/over - I find it hard to do these with great stuff both above and below, and you've succeeded here. Did you get any closer to the octopus?

I agree completely , superb shots , but these compacts are small only by their size ^_^

I love especially the over under shots and more of all the first one !

Thanks Oskar, Stephen, Errbrr, Spencer and Girelle: the S95 is a small little bodybuilder indeed ^_^

For my feeling it is a little bit too small, I can still not take it serious when I look at it!

Oskar: the inon micro fisheye is fun but not easy. For starters you need the right subject: not too big and not too small, and you have to get very very close (best is 1 mm!) so that rules out a lot of (skittish) subjects as well.

Also the lighting is tricky because you have very little room for strobes and the extreme wide angle makes it easy to get a strobe in the image.!

It is a fun challenge!

I am now trying to DIY my own optic fibre ringflash to improve the lighting, I will post a topic if the outcome is a succes...

Xander

Oskar: the inon micro fisheye is fun but not easy. For starters you need the right subject: not too big and not too small, and you have to get very very close (best is 1 mm!) so that rules out a lot of (skittish) subjects as well.

Also the lighting is tricky because you have very little room for strobes and the extreme wide angle makes it easy to get a strobe in the image.!

It is a fun challenge!

I am now trying to DIY my own optic fibre ringflash to improve the lighting, I will post a topic if the outcome is a succes...

Xander

I agree completely with you , the microfisheye lense is very fun but very difficult to use .And you must be very close also ( perhaps too close ..) . If I can add a comment the aperture must be very small , 8 on the S95/90 seems the best option to decrease blurr wich is a big problem with this lense !!

I'm waiting impatiently to find a big nudi to try to perform an interesting photo !!

I agree with the above. The hermit is great with this lens!

Good job ;)

my favorite is your Hermit crab from Kalbarri, so nice to have shot a great sunset complemented with some underwater life

Sponsors

Advertisements