Sign in to follow this  
SParkinson

Canon 10D / xxD in a Ikelite 10D housing Question

a quick question to to any canon/ikelite shooters out there......

i currently have a canon 10d and ike housing... i don't go on a lot of dive trips and see no reason to change camera/housing etc on a bi-yearly basis but i find myself in a predicament. my 10d isn't happy and i was thinking if it were possible to get a 20d/30d/40d etc to fit into my 10d housing. i don't need access to all the buttons/functions that the housing currently offers but obviously the core ones such as apature/shutter/menu/fire/focus point etc.

just figured if i could do a mini upgrade instead of a camera AND housing that would b a bonus...

any advice appreciated. ^_^

Edited by SParkinson

Hi,

It really depends on how your housing controls the rear dial. In my Subal C10 housing, I was able to get the 5d (Classic) and 40D to work, you will at least need a new base tray. But the Subals had a big plastic ring in the back that overlapped the rear command dials enough to work. I tried to do the same thing with my Aquatica 7D & 5dmk2 but the linkages don't work.

S.

Bring up images of the cameras from a good review site that shows control layouts (like dpreview.com) and put them side-by-side or overlaid in a photo editor of some kind, and get a feel for how much commonality they might have.

Usually, as things like rear LCD screens grow, there's not near as much as you might think....

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements