Bent C

East Lembeh

I just got back from a trip to Lembeh. This time I managed to get on a day trip to east Lembeh, with clear blue water and glorious reef diving. Here are a couple of shots:

post-6658-1318958103.jpg

post-6658-1318958115.jpg

post-6658-1318958128.jpg

Some nice shots Bent, specially like the Goby with the parasite on his head ... but i think i mentioned that already while you were here. Hope to see you again soon ...

btw bent: we did another East Lembeh Trip already and it was fantastic again ... plus we are now taking a box with ice and beer for the way back ^_^

see you next time,

Serge

Looks like a great trip. My favorite is the shot with the parasite on the goby's head.

Thanks for sharing - DiverPam

Super shots, both wide angle and macro. The sharpness and detail of the goby pic is outstanding!

Serge,

when you talk about east lembeh, where are located the dive sites and which are the names ??? I have been to Lembeh many times in the last, last trip in 2009 but I have never heard about "east lembeh" diving !!!

Thank you in advance,

Francesco

East Lembeh would be on the other side of the Lembeh island compared to the strait sites. It would probably be more correct to call it south-east Lembeh. We dove two sites, the first with some current and great sponges was called Batu dua, the other further away seemingly without a name (could be called Batu satu). It had great canyons with loads of soft corals. There were other submerged pinnacles close to that site, but we did not have time to dive them. I would really like to spend some time there, there seemed to be quite a lot to look at in that area.

regards

Bent

Serge,

when you talk about east lembeh, where are located the dive sites and which are the names ??? I have been to Lembeh many times in the last, last trip in 2009 but I have never heard about "east lembeh" diving !!!

Thank you in advance,

Francesco

Hi Bent,

Pulau Dua was the first site.

Hopefully in March the weather will be good and we can head over there again ;)

Did the ghost pipefish shots from the wreck turn out ok?

Simon

East Lembeh would be on the other side of the Lembeh island compared to the strait sites. It would probably be more correct to call it south-east Lembeh. We dove two sites, the first with some current and great sponges was called Batu dua, the other further away seemingly without a name (could be called Batu satu). It had great canyons with loads of soft corals. There were other submerged pinnacles close to that site, but we did not have time to dive them. I would really like to spend some time there, there seemed to be quite a lot to look at in that area.

regards

Bent

Yes, of course it was, senility struck. Batu Satu maybe for site number two?

The ghost pipes weren´t particularly good. It sucks, with a tc they could probably have been significantly better. Your compact version was way better! And I have no excuse other than listening to much to you-know-who!

I am up for doing the trip again. It would be really cool to have one more go at both sites. Especially Pulau Dua was over pretty quickly;).

Cheers

Bent

Hi Bent,

Pulau Dua was the first site.

Hopefully in March the weather will be good and we can head over there again ;)

Did the ghost pipefish shots from the wreck turn out ok?

Simon

Yes, of course it was, senility struck. Batu Satu maybe for site number two?

The ghost pipes weren´t particularly good. It sucks, with a tc they could probably have been significantly better. Your compact version was way better! And I have no excuse other than listening to much to you-know-who!

I am up for doing the trip again. It would be really cool to have one more go at both sites. Especially Pulau Dua was over pretty quickly;).

Cheers

Bent

Really nice pics.

I will be in Lembeh in a few days and i´m thinking about diving the backside of Lembeh Island and also one or two of the wrecks.

Which wreck did you dive to get the Ghostpipes?

Cheers

Markus

I think it was the Kapal Indah but to be honest I did not pay much attention. I went more or less directly to the shallows and looked for critters, among which were two pairs of beautiful ornate ghost pipefishes. Lots of other stuff there, especially considering the location of the site, close to the harbour and just outside a small village.

Have a nice trip, Markus.

Cheers Bent

Edited by Bent C

I think it was the Kapal Indah but to be honest I did not pay much attention. I went more or less directly to the shallows and looked for critters, among which were two pairs of beautiful ornate ghost pipefishes. Lots of other stuff there, especially considering the location of the site, close to the harbour and just outside a small village.

Have a nice trip, Markus.

Cheers Bent

Thanks a lot for the info! I thought that they are closer to the wreck! I was thinking about a nice cfwa shot of the ghostepipes with the wreck in the Background...

CheersMarkus

Sponsors

Advertisements