Weiry

Excited with new Nauticam Housing

Just wanted to post some recent pics. I have a new Nautican NA-7D I originally was using Ikelite 161's and housing, so the challenge was for me to forget TTL and go with manual strobes not being able to have TTL using the Ikelite 161 strobes on the Nauticam housing. I hesitated for a while it was a bit of a hurdle i had to jump over.... will i spend all this money and not have TTL...? What if... I cant use manual flash ARGH?!

Any way after using it for a couple of months I absolutely LOVE using the Nauticam and i LOVE the housing and I am sold on manual flash.

I love the challenge of using manual flash (well maybe not for others but it is a challenge for me) having control over the creativity of the shot.

Not that you cant do that with TTL but I had to make a decision and with alot of help from Todd Winner.

Anyways enough blah blah. Here are a couple of recent results.

Oh yeh I must add the Canon 100mm Macro 2.8 L is my favourite lens in and out of the water (see last attachment of my grand daughter).

post-32554-1319237448.jpg

post-32554-1319237462.jpg

post-32554-1319237472.jpg

post-32554-1319237485.jpg

Edited by Weiry

and out of the water.

A pic I took of my grand daughter Mylie.

Looking great Craig, Love the second one. ;)

Cheers,

Steve

Just wanted to post some recent pics. I have a new Nautican NA-7D I originally was using Ikelite 161's and housing, so the challenge was for me to forget TTL and go with manual strobes not being able to have TTL using the Ikelite 161 strobes on the Nauticam housing. I hesitated for a while it was a bit of a hurdle i had to jump over.... will i spend all this money and not have TTL...? What if... I cant use manual flash ARGH?!

Any way after using it for a couple of months I absolutely LOVE using the Nauticam and i LOVE the housing and I am sold on manual flash.

I love the challenge of using manual flash (well maybe not for others but it is a challenge for me) having control over the creativity of the shot.

Not that you cant do that with TTL but I had to make a decision and with alot of help from Todd Winner.

Anyways enough blah blah. Here are a couple of recent results.

Oh yeh I must add the Canon 100mm Macro 2.8 L is my favourite lens in and out of the water (see last attachment of my grand daughter).

You are making me excited Craig,im taking delivery of my Nauticam NA 7D housing which has just arrived,right now she sits in airport customs waiting for clearance.I will be using Inon Z220 strobes fired fibre optically,so i should have TTL.

However,im not really a stills guy,im going to be shooting video,so i will be adding some video lights,hopefully soon

Edited by Travy

Sponsors

Advertisements