Sign in to follow this  
blueline

MDX-40D housing maintenance?

Hello,

I have an MDX-40D housing that have not serviced since purchased 3 - 3 1/2 yrs ago. It is stored since last February. I am planning to put it in the water again, so my question is, do the o-rings on the housing need to be replaced(I believe there's one on the back panel, one on top right side.) I usually test at a pool for leaks etc, but want to make sure.

Thanks.

Hi partner,

Sea & Sea recommends o-ring maintenance annually. I push it to every two years based on the conditions I normally dive in (no sand or gunk). Three years is pushing it. If I was in Florida I'd take my housing over to Reef Photo and ask them to go through it fo me. It's all the internal o-rings I'd be worried about. The first one to start to leak is usually the shutter release since it gets more rotational wear.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi partner,

Sea & Sea recommends o-ring maintenance annually. I push it to every two years based on the conditions I normally dive in (no sand or gunk). Three years is pushing it. If I was in Florida I'd take my housing over to Reef Photo and ask them to go through it fo me. It's all the internal o-rings I'd be worried about. The first one to start to leak is usually the shutter release since it gets more rotational wear.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks Steve! That's what I was thinking, next time I'll be down there for a shore dive, I'll take it to them. I completely forgot about the shutter, plus haven't used it in over a year.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements