Sign in to follow this  
skating101

An Encounter with a Giant Southern Eagle Ray

During a dive at Shelly Beach in Sydney we found this huge Southern Eagle Ray. This is the video of the dive. Filmed in 720p on Canon SD980IS

Song: Bonobo - Dinosaurs

Filmed: Nicholas Hart, Susan Tong

Edited: Nicholas Hart, Susan Tong

Please visit our blog http://2fishoutofwater.wordpress.com

[youtubehd]c6TYcE0yCpQ[/youtubehd]

lurve the critters!

thanks for sharing ;)

Eagle rays are very near the top of marine life I love to film. I believe this must be a different species than the ones I have seen in my lifetime at the Galapagos or Cocos or anywhere else for that matter. I certainly have never seen one just lying there like a sting ray and the coloring and spots are different than what I am used to seeing. Loved the long tailed catfish as well, never filmed one before. Cool ;)

Eagle rays are very near the top of marine life I love to film. I believe this must be a different species than the ones I have seen in my lifetime at the Galapagos or Cocos or anywhere else for that matter. I certainly have never seen one just lying there like a sting ray and the coloring and spots are different than what I am used to seeing. Loved the long tailed catfish as well, never filmed one before. Cool :)

Eagle rays are incredible, this was a southern eagle ray which dont have as pronounced spots as their northern spotted eagle ray cousins still beautiful nonetheless

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements