Sign in to follow this  
Oceanshutter

Manual White Balance shooting Macro

Hello all,

I am shooting with a canon 5d ii. Haven't ever tried shooting video with macro. If I had a 100mm lens, and some lights. Would i need to manually white balance? or would I get the same results with auto white balance? How about using a magic filter? I have never shot with lights before, or macro for that matter. Normally just shoot with a 15mm fisheye, and available light. Any help you could provide would be helpful

Thanks in advance.

Dustin

Hi Dustin,

You should be fine with auto white balance (no magic filter needed) if you're using lights. From my experience, your main challenges will involve the very shallow depth of field and keeping the camera steady. Let us know how you get on.

I agree with Ferg42. With the 5d you should be good with the auto white balance. You can also set your WB to whatever Kelvin the lights produce.

I would say since you are relying on light produced from the lights, and not what is being filtered through the water depths, you do not need a magic filter. A tripod is a must!

Edited by DerekB

thanks for both of your replies. I will give it a go! Headed to Bonaire the end of november.

Edited by deeznutz78

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements