I have been deciding whether to house my Canon 7D.

My biggest gripe with the camera is the focus point does not light up in red when using AI Servo AF. I use AI Servo underwater. Thus the focus point on the 7D would be black.

Do most of you Canon users use One Shot AF or AI Servo when shooting underwater?

I shoot mostly small fish and macro type shots when I can.

Any thoughts?

I have been deciding whether to house my Canon 7D.

My biggest gripe with the camera is the focus point does not light up in red when using AI Servo AF. I use AI Servo underwater. Thus the focus point on the 7D would be black.

Do most of you Canon users use One Shot AF or AI Servo when shooting underwater?

I shoot mostly small fish and macro type shots when I can.

Any thoughts?

I use one shot AF on my 7d with no issues.

Bill

I use single shot AF for 90% of my shooting. The only time I change is to shoot fast moving big animals like dolphins or sharks(AI servo). I also use the rear button for AF, it feels like I have more control that way.

Cheers, (you'll love the 7D underwater)

Steve

I use single shot AF for 90% of my shooting. The only time I change is to shoot fast moving big animals like dolphins or sharks(AI servo). I also use the rear button for AF, it feels like I have more control that way.
What Steve said!

I find Ai Servo pretty useful (and accurate) for macro stuff in conditions where it is difficult to maintain a precise distance and position. I dive a lot in the North Sea and often there is a slight swell or tide shoving me about. In better conditions, I only use Servo for moving subjects like others who have responded.

One shot almost all the time, AI servo for special cases.

Hope that helps!

Sponsors

Advertisements