Sign in to follow this  
Drew

How hazardous was your last photo shoot?

The Photographic Society has a page of thetop 50 hazards 45 Nat Geo photographers had to go through to get the shots:

http://thephotosociety.org/reality-check/

I've got 8 out of those on my own various trips and 3 not listed, including getting swatted by a shark on the head in a baitball! The things we do for a shot!

Does actually being nipped by Caribbean Reef Shark during a feeding frenzy qualify?

It should... but only if it's not fed! ;) But really, when I think of the crap I go through to get to locations and shoot stuff... I gotta wonder if it's Darwin working wonders! :)

Pick up shots! LOL

The biggest and most real risk for me is probably DVT.

Staying in 3oc of water for over an hour to 'get the shot' Also so i didn't look like a big wimp infront of my buddy who was in her sixties and coping well with the cold water. Maybe it was because she was 'Scott of the Antartics' grand daughter that she could with stand the conditions ;)

Dean

The biggest and most real risk for me is probably DVT.

What about all those dive gear manufacturers you have given 'slightly negative' reviews too ... ;)

Dean

Extremely small dive boat for a week with 4 other guys and a bag of Cheetos. Very scary! ;)

Todd

I had only 4 of those listed but several that weren't. Glad I didn't qualify for that 'penis fish' one tho I did get ill in the Amazon. On another note, was it ever released as to what really occurred with Wes? I know he was not deep, about 70ft, so I figured either a heart attack or rebreather malfunction.

Steve

Did nobody else notice " 1 Penis fish" down the bottom? :D

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements