Sign in to follow this  
Moritz@NautilusDivinBali

Choosing a camera+housing+strobe?!

Hi there,

Any recommendations?

I would like to buy a UW photography set. Maybe after Xmas so the prices are a bit lower.

Right now im shooting with a Canon IXUS 220HS. The results you can see here: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44034

Now i want to get something proper to work with. My budget would be around 1500 Euro.

DSLR or a Nex/G-series?

I´m looking for a Cam + housing + strobe

cheers

Hi Mor,

Why not subscribe to the classifieds forum here on wetpixel??- you might get some really good second hand deals!

Best

D

For 1500 euros would think the G series and housing/strobe will prob be the best you can get for the cash, unless you are willing to look at slightly older stuff. There are a few old Canon 5D's and housings around, they may be old but still can take great shots...

All depends on if you want new or not... Well worth checking out the classifieds...

The canon g series has 2 major draw backs. They have the slowest auto focus of any camera in this class.

They refuse to do ttl flash metering when the ambient exposure meter is set to M!

They have been surpassed by the pany lx5, (fastest AF going), good raw mode, most control over movie modes, great 24-90mm lens.

Also the nikon p7100 is better than the canon g12, as it allows M mode and ttl flash.

The oly xz1 is considered good too.

And the oly epl2 in oly housing is in the right price range.

The oly's all have the draw back of using menu buttons to adjust the exposure settings, where the other cams all have a thumb wheel, (or 2 in the case of the nikon, or canon), to adjust f-stop and shutter speed.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements