Drew

Best/Favorite image of 2011

three of my favorites from 2011. it was hard to pick just one. i just picked from underwater pics. no land based ones. this is my first attempt at posting a pic on here.

Love the second one of the manta with shark silhouettes above -- where was this one taken?

Nothing compared to the other great pictures here but I liked these two I took in Cozumel.

post-4731-1325277827.jpg

post-4731-1325277852.jpg

Wow, a great collection as usual- always a good browse.

I've been mostly shooting video this year, but a couple from a trip with Alex Tattersall in the Red Sea back in Feb:

132775580.jpg

and

132775603.jpg

Both with EOS 7D- first one Tok 10-17 with 1.4tc, second one with 60mm macro. Remind me of having lots of fun in warm water.

AMAZING pictures !!!!

Here is the one I liked most, this year. I had better ones, but this is the one I like (And the name is just right for the season... Christmas tree worm :) ) .

large.jpg

As always, some great photos from everyone. It was a quiet year for me, my diving schedules being messed about by a few contretemps in the world of diving magazines. Even so, I managed to squeeze in a trip to Cocos back in March Although I got some decent hammerhead shots, this trio of whitetips surrounded by tiny cardinalfish was my favourite.

post-6326-1325389691.jpg

Really enjoyed seeing everyone's favorites. Here's mine from Palau:

6069776980_8b0b91e07c_z.jpg

_MG_1032.jpg by I(heart)Fish, on Flickr

Cheers,

J

Edited by Slashmagurk

post-30195-1325577476.jpg Great idea this image of 2011, here is one from early in the year at Jurian Bay Western Australia

What an amazing thread. I am new here, but here is one of my favorites this year.

post-25106-1325693881.jpg

Amazing stuff, everyone!!!

I waited to post and am glad I did!!! Every Xmas, when our respective work sites are slow, my fiance and I do what we call our "holiday dive-a-palooza" - as conditions allow, we basically dive our brains out. This year, we have been to several warm water destinations, but my favorite shots always come from local Californa dives. This December we had a pretty intense squid run both locally in San Diego, as well as in some of the Catalina kelp forests, and we were able to see both - the latter is really uncommon to see in any intensity, so it was absolutely mindblowing. This photo was taken on Dec 23, and it is maybe one of my favorites ever. In truth, I was so blown away by the whole experience that day that I spent half the dive watching NOT through a viewfinder! I feel lucky to have been able to experience this :)

winter-2011-1-of-3-M.jpg

It always means so much to me to see so many gorgeous shots from near and far - I love knowing that there are so many of us out there who are similarly obsessed. Happy new year, everyone - wishing you all an amazing one!

Allison

Edited by vetdiver

Here's mine from Palau:

6069776980_8b0b91e07c_z.jpg

_MG_1032.jpg by I(heart)Fish, on Flickr

It's nice to see that classic subjects still inspire great images. Ta!

Tim

:)

Thanks Tim... Photographing the Jellies was such a privilege... my dive buddy and I just laughed like school kids we had so much fun.

A Sperm Whale resting under the boat, which is almost a mirror image above. Taken on snorkel and under permit off Dominica 2011

D90, Ike Sigma 10-18. Natural light

post-1912-1326552047.jpg

Edited by nudibranch

Heres my fav from over the summer, checking out the white sharks at guadalupe island aboard the Horizon...

post-22228-1326648566.jpg

Many images to choose from, but the "Three wise divers, following the star & bearing gifts" for this years Royal Navy Christmas card was a highlight:-

SBrown-20111108-0033.jpg

LOL! These are awesome!!!

These are a couple of my favorites from 2012 and I look forward to 2013!

post-8021-0-64493600-1357573980_thumb.jpg

post-8021-0-14337200-1357574579_thumb.jpg

Edited by TN DIVER

Sponsors

Advertisements