Sign in to follow this  
Scubabear

10-17 Tonica or Nikon 12-24

I presently have a Nikon AF-S 12-24mm f/4.0 G IF-ED DX Nikkor Wide Angle Zoom Lens

I m presently upgrading my gear with new lens dooms from Ikelite.

My question is... should I stick with the 12-24 lens or "upgrade" to the 10-17 Tonika fisheye lens

more info I will be shooting it with a D7000Nikon and hopefully shooting some video......in Truk and Palau for starters.

Is the 12-24 "good enough" or should I just pull the trigger and buy a 10-17 + extra rings from Ike.

Also I have a Scottish back ground so the cheapest solution is the best..

any thoughts

Thanks

Terry

Hi,

I have both but I don't use the 12/24 Nikon as much now but it is a very good lens. I would buy the 10/17FE so you have

Both, they will give you different types of results,

Regards,

Andy :)

I've pretty much stopped using my 12-24mm underwater...

... but I use a fixed focal length 10.5mm more than my Tokina 10-17mm zoom, so what do I know?

Getting the right dome for the 12-24mm has always been difficult: most people find that they have better sharpness at the edges with other lenses, as well as sharper images from having to get closer to their subjects. I really only get enthusiastic about my 12-24mm for sharks, these days.

Tim

:)

I only have experience of the Tokina 10-17mm, which is a great lens, but wonder if those of you who have used the Nikon 12-24mm have also tried the 10-24mm. I have the impression from reports on the web that it has better optics. Any comments on this?

Thanks for your replies guys Im definitely getting the 10-17 FE lens and possibly the Kenko 1.4 TC after reading a lot of the other posts on the forum and seeing the results.

safe diving

Terry

On 1/6/2012 at 6:43 PM, Scubabear said:

Thanks for your replies guys Im definitely getting the 10-17 FE lens and possibly the Kenko 1.4 TC after reading a lot of the other posts on the forum and seeing the results.

safe diving

Terry

How'd ya like your results?

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements