Mary Malloy

If money was no obstacle

From what I've read I would consider Wetpixel members well travelled. So this is a good group to ask:

If you could only choose one location, where would it be?

Mary

If you could only choose one location, where would it be?

To make what kind of images Mary? Can you give us a hint as to what you want to do?

Steve

My answer is Wakatobi unless you want big animals.

Why?

First it is relatively easy to get to unlike many other destinations that have pristine reefs. Second it is a combination land/liveaboard destination depending on what you like. The land destination has the best camera room ever, a huge helpful staff and everything else is first rate while the liveaboard is also top of the line. Finally, the connection point is Bali, about the coolist surface destination ever and it also has lots of interesting dive opportunities for large critters.

So at the young age of 70 (with no more than 30 years left to dive), I go there every year. The simplist, and least expensive, connection from the US is EVA Air through Taiwain. (From Australia my guess you go through Singapore)

And the diving:

For macro: http://www.tomandginnie.com/Wakatobi_in_Super_macro.html

For Reefs: http://www.tomandginnie.com/Wakatobi-It...he%20Reefs.html

To make what kind of images Mary? Can you give us a hint as to what you want to do?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Just interested in what others want, not for me personally.

Mary

I thought this would be tough, but then it came to me - 6 weeks at the Sardine Run!

Back to back charters on the Odyssey in Truk would be good too. Dive your favorite wrecks over and over. Oh, and back to back charters on the Damai in Alor and Komodo - oh wait, we just did that! :B):

Phil

The moon... the side which is not facing us. i'll land on the moon of course. i'll go farther than James Lovell, then drop by Hubble.

I'll bring the best camera i can find.

I'm going with two. Sorry.

North of 45°N or south of 45°S :B):.

I'm going with two. Sorry.

North of 45°N or south of 45°S :D.

Antarctica for icebergs, penguins, whales and most of all LEOPARD SEALS!!!!!

Sponsors

Advertisements