Sign in to follow this  
jordan

Oly C750UZ vs Oly C5000Z. Which one to choose?

Hi there,

I have decided to buy one of the two (similar price and parameters). The most significant difference seems to be zoom (10x in C750 vs 3x in C5000) and pixels (4 vs 5)...

Are there any specific ones related to UW fotography?

Can anybody give me any advice based on own experience?

Thanks a lot

Adam

the review on www.steves-digicams.com indicated that the c5000z was pretty slow.

Go the c5000. It has 5 intead of 4 meg (for enlargements this does make a difference) and you won't find too many occasions where you could use a 10X zoom underwater - too much water between subject and lens makes everything flat and blue. Rarely have I used anything beyond say 2.5X zoom on my c5000 - underwater you have to be in close to maintain definition. I use zooom to take butterflyfish fairly full frame from 5 feet or so but wouldn't have much use ever for 10x zoom. Shutter lag is no worse that other Oly cameras. I love the c5000 Oly pT 019 combo - add a Inon d180 strobe for top quality bright images. The macro zoom is very useful - takes you in very close = right down to 7.9 inces which is better that the c5050 or c5060.

Good luck

The 5050 is the preferred Oly for underwater use because it will fire the flash in super-macro mode.

HTH

James

The 5050 is the preferred Oly for underwater use because it will fire the flash in super-macro mode.  

Hmm, I seem unable to get the flash to fire in super-macro mode?

Hmm, I seem unable to get the flash to fire in super-macro mode?

Put the flash in slave mode. It's a weak flash used to trigger external strobes.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements