Sign in to follow this  
echeng

New Chat Feature

Hi, guys. Check out the new chat feature. It's under "IRC Chat" in the side nav menu.

After a while talking to myself.... can you register the software? I get a two line "evaluation copy only, please ask your webmaster to register" message after each posting.

So I'm asking. Please :?

um. It's registered for me! that's very strange. I went ahead and paid the money already, so I don't know why it would be saying that it isn't registered.

Weird. I'll look into it.

Craig - are you accessing Wetpixel via wetpixel.com, or are you using one of the old URLs that address the server a different way?

You must come in via wetpixel.com or www.wetpixel.com in order for chat to register itself.

That could be it, I get a redirect message when I first hit the site. I am still using a bookmark that was established pointing at the old forum address. I'll change that and see what happens.

Nope, I just navigated to the site by typing in www.wetpixel.com (rather than using my bookmarks) and went in to the IRC chat, still getting the "please register this" lines...

I'll look again later

Strange. I'm not getting the message anymore now Craig, wonder why it's just doing that to you (doesn't like anyone from south of the equator perhaps???).

Sorry I missed you earlier. I'm logged in from work, so I have frequent "boss alerts" when I am AFK.

Cheers

James

Well, I don't know if this did it or not... I just upgraded to Java 1.4.2, and when I logged in to chat there were no more requests to register. The whole process seemed to go more smoothly as well. I don't know which version of Java I had on this machine yesterday, but today everything is sweet.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements