Sign in to follow this  
DavidG

French Polynesia

Hi everyone!

This coming August I will be going to French Polynesia for a few days and I wonder what are the best places to photograph sharks.

I will be in Bora Bora first for a few days and then I want to go somewhere else but I haven't decided yet. I have been reading that Fakarava Island has some really good diving.

Does any one has any recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

Head to the South Pass of Fakarava. That is the best you will find out there, and it is truly amazing! It is quite rural, its a small bed and breakfast, but the diving is definitely amazing and big schools of sharks.

I would also recommend South pass Fakarava, and maybe Rangiroa for a chance to see some tigers :D

Bora and Moorea would be good for the lemon shark feeding spot too.

5858837085_1d6211f202_b.jpg

5859388486_a6ef4bbfb7_z.jpg

5859388850_5fe973a0f3_z.jpg

5858885199_880c211399_z.jpg

5859276198_5f8450ca3c_z.jpg

5864124116_b0928b68a7_z.jpg

Awesome photos! Where was the accomodation in that over water bungalow. I dream of getting to Fakarava and Rangiroa one day...one day

Really incredible photos! The 2nd and last are especially amazing.

Tahiti... I hear it is incredibly expensive so I don't know that I will get there anytime soon... but I will get to Australia and travel around that is for sure.

:-)

I love the Tiputa Pass @ Rangiroa.

Get ready for some SERIOUS current!!!

But, that also means lots of sharks, too!

I dove with THE 6 PASSENGERS and really like the operation (even though sometimes there were more than 6 passengers!)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements