Sign in to follow this  
cheetohcat

Which mirrorless system for UW..e-pl3 vs gf2 vs sony nex-5n?

thanks Bill! that would be awesome! I think Dana said you guys were on the GS on the 26th but I can't join ...I'll plan on the LAUPS meeting next week.

carolyn:

I have a calibrator you can borrow next time we see you on the giant stride. On my monitor, the metridiums for example are at least a full stop underexposed and the cabezon (if that is what he is) is about a full stop under as well. I think you need to think about dialing in some strobe compensation. I like the composition a lot and the sea lion shot is very nice.

Let me know when you are going to dive with Jim again (I think we are on the boat next on the 25th) and I will bring my screen calibrator or if you are coming to the LAUPS meeting on Wednesday I will bring it then.

Bill

Hey bob, there's no viewfinder, but the LCD was easy enough to see in the housing. Since I'm coming from a compact, I'm used to screen only so I didn't have any problems with it.

Carolyn,

Thanks for sharing. How was the view throught the viewfinder?

Bob

We use our cameras on dry land at nighttime also so you may want to factor high-ISO performance in the decision if it's important to you. Currently, the NEX IQ is clearly superior to other mirrorless systems.

If you are into video, you may also want to consider NEX-5N and NEX-7 - the only two mirrorless cameras with 1080 60p video. With other mirrorless systems, you have to sacrifice 1080 resolution for 60P smoothness, and vice versa. Keep in mind that James Cameron wants to shoot Avartar 2 and 3 in 60 frames per second and this can be the beginning of the end of the outdated 24fps film standard that filmmakers actually hate. It's a certainty that 1080 60p will become the default video standard for consumer cameras and camcorders in the near future. Why wait?

Adjusting White Balance on the NEX-5N is simple and the results are pretty encouraging. There's no RAW for video, so adjusting WB at the scene is the only way to obtain the most accurate colors for movies... AND STILLS ALSO.

nex5n-hippo.jpg

I have an in-progress "Personal-Observation" page on the NEX-5N here for those who are interested.

Edited by A.Y.

Hey Nitro, I use two strobes. Didn't have them dialed in correctly for the first time out power-wise, but it was definitely necessary to have two to get coverage with the fisheye lens on the camera.

Hey cheetoh, you use one or two strobes?

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements