Sign in to follow this  
spencerjb22

Maldives - E-PL3

Hi,

Not posted any pics on here before, so here goes my modest effort.

This was my first major outing with my new E-PL3 set up...made loads of mistakes, learnt a lot, slowly got to grips with it and overall really enjoyed using it.

Link to wholse set here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sjburrows/set...57629031185843/

A few snippets below.

Hope you like... as always, any feedback/advice always welcome.

6761849173_e3983259b8_z.jpg

2-73 by spencerjb22, on Flickr

6761983187_45781a6f09_z.jpg

2-100 by spencerjb22, on Flickr

6762080439_e8ac6fe457_z.jpg

2-124 by spencerjb22, on Flickr

6762116787_684080de92_z.jpg

2-134 by spencerjb22, on Flickr

6762016023_b3b8e3ff7c_z.jpg

2-106 by spencerjb22, on Flickr

6761886975_2eeb5b7787_z.jpg

2-83 by spencerjb22, on Flickr

Edited by spencerjb22

Nice set. I'm interested in what settings you used for a majority of the shark shots. It doesn't look like a strobe was used but it also looks like it was taken in low light. Just curious.

Wow, I came here to read about the camera but ending up just enjoying the images, including the full set. Lovely fishies !

Bart

Hi,

I would say 85 % are with the kit lens and kit port. I did take out the WA lens and Zen but found that I wanted to get used to the camera and lighting for one thing at a time rahter than constantly trying something new out.

A few of the pics (blenny above) are with the inon wet lens.

Wow, I came here to read about the camera but ending up just enjoying the images, including the full set. Lovely fishies !

Bart

Thanks, getting used to a new camera is a pet hate of mine, but there are some that i'm happy with and glad I bought the system.

Nice set. I'm interested in what settings you used for a majority of the shark shots. It doesn't look like a strobe was used but it also looks like it was taken in low light. Just curious.

Hi, all taken in M mode. Shutter 160 aperture 7.1 ( seems to be a sweetspot) and manual flash. The sharks were hunting close to the surface at sunset most evenings so there was a degree of ambient light, then I just added a spray of flash from one strobe to freeze the sharks.

Super images for the first post Spencer!!!- the shark n fry shot is really lovely.

Well done!

:-)

Ditto to the above comments, lovely shots, shark n fry capture is stunning......well done!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements