malley1717

American Outdoors Cooler as Personal Rinse Tank

Hey everybody

I'm going on the blackboards live aboard in 2 weeks and am thinking of picking up one of these coolers to use as my rinse tank for the week. Ive used crappy coolers before but I've heard these ones are nice. Im thinking that having my own spot to put my camera will protect it from other cameras seeing as the boats are likely to be crowded and don't have camera tables, etc.

So who out there uses one of these coolers? Anybody care to post a picture of their rig in the cooler so i can get an idea for size? What size are people using, the 36? Thanks!

I believe I have the 48 pack.

It's great.

Was able to fit my old rig, twin ds-125's and a DSLR Ikelite housing along with a fix mounted on top.

Has no issue fitting most rigs. It can protect from minor bumps, but it is still a soft sided cooler.

If you search there is a topic about different people using them.

Jose

I use a hard cooler (Igloo, Coleman), rubber foam for aded impact protection and a fluffy towel to cover the whole rig.

I think that they protect the whole rig better and it makes a good box for shipping/traveling also.

I used various soft coolers and they got wet and started to stink terribly after some week of use,

but it may be that the American Outdoor Cooler does not have this issue.

Chris

I also use a 48 American Outdoor Cooler. The 36 didn't have enough room for my rig.

48 can cooler - Ikelite housing with dual DS-125 strobes.

bag.jpg

This is what is inside the cooler:

camera.jpg

Edited by jlyle

I bought the 36 cooler for my Sea and Sea Housing (D200), 2 Z240s strobes, and clamps. Zips up just fine. Helped me tote my rig around the island for snorkeling with the family also.

Sponsors

Advertisements