Sign in to follow this  
denniscloutier

Why Macro Lens vs. Diopters

I have an EPL2 with the Olympus housing and stock port. I also have an Inon UCL 165 close up lens that I screw into an external adapter.

It seems that if I want better macro I have two options with this setup. I can buy the Panasonic 45mm macro lens and another port, or I can buy another wet lens. The macro lens is much more expensive but I'm sure it must have advantages or nobody would go that route. Can anyone fill me in on what the differences are?

Also, my understanding of how this close up lens works is that it just allows the camera lens to focus closer. So, again, how is that different from having a dedicated macro lens? DOF?

Many thanks,

Dennis

I have an EPL2 with the Olympus housing and stock port. I also have an Inon UCL 165 close up lens that I screw into an external adapter.

It seems that if I want better macro I have two options with this setup. I can buy the Panasonic 45mm macro lens and another port, or I can buy another wet lens. The macro lens is much more expensive but I'm sure it must have advantages or nobody would go that route. Can anyone fill me in on what the differences are?

Also, my understanding of how this close up lens works is that it just allows the camera lens to focus closer. So, again, how is that different from having a dedicated macro lens? DOF?

Many thanks,

Dennis

try this

http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/supermac...ter-photography

hope it helps

Better IQ with dedicated lens.

The DOF will not be greatly different, given equivalent magnification.

You can get much more magnification, with diopters over all, added to the macro lens.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements