Sign in to follow this  
Rafa Herrero

Self-destruction

I think some less hardcore music would evoke a bit more empathy out of me :-).

Thank you for your answer. Perhaps it is too long. The music is so hard to give the effect of anger, although I understand your comment.

Rafa I'm a huge fan of your films, but I found that in this one there was a little too much doom and gloom. I agree with the message and sentiment 100% and it is great that you are confronting the issues, but in a hard hitting film like this it is often beneficial to include (1) at least a little glimmer of hope for the future, (2) a reason for optimism or (3) some kind of action that can be taken.

Just one quick question - is the outpouring that you filmed from a sewage outlet? Nasty stuff!

Cheers, Simon

Simon, the sewage thing is in every major city all over the world... many places just don't treat the sewage before discharging into the ocean... Unfortunately!

Unfortunately so true! Often I have a bit of remorse for show only the most beautiful images of the ocean. This video is the dark side, very hard, but very real.

I apologize for my bad English!

I thought it was fantastic. Very good. Not over the top at all.

Rafa, no need to apologize. Anyone who cares for the environment will have days where one goes, why bother cos 3 generations from now, things will be very different.

I like your video, the nasty and ugly truth, a punch in the face of reality.

Muy bien hecho.

Yes I know about untreated sewage outlets, but I've never seen anyone actually go into the discharge of one to film!! Hardcore Rafa! :(

There was a wreck dive site off Malta that, on the 'wrong tide' you would has to drop through around 2-3M of sewage to get to it... It was like descending through cloudy, scrumpy cider with all the particles floating around. The fastest neg entry ever!... If it was still there on return all equipment had to be decontaminated ... Lol

Those were the days

Dean

I like the video and the music too Rafa!

Thanks for sharing!

Chris

I did a film like this many years ago called Satan's Servants. Several shooters, whose opinions I respected, didn't like it for being 'over the top' and too much doom and gloom as Simon says. But sometimes you just have to stick to your own vision and put it out anyway. I agree with what Simon had to say, but at least it was cathartic for you and serves a purpose.

Steve

"I agree with what Simon had to say, but at least it was cathartic for you and serves a purpose. " Mee too :lol:

Thanks a lot.

An interesting change from your usual videos Rafa. Even without a call to action I like it as a piece of art, and the music is perfect.

There are a couple of errors in the English. Not a big deal, but let me know if you'd like me to check that on your future videos. I'd be very happy to do so.

An interesting change from your usual videos Rafa. Even without a call to action I like it as a piece of art, and the music is perfect.

There are a couple of errors in the English. Not a big deal, but let me know if you'd like me to check that on your future videos. I'd be very happy to do so.

Yes Nick, thank you very much. I'll take your word for it.

Same here Rafa, I'd be happy to proof read too if you ever need it.

Cheers, Simon

Same here Rafa, I'd be happy to proof read too if you ever need it.

Cheers, Simon

I'd be happy to translate your mockney cockney narrative for you Simon :lol:

Dean

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements