Sign in to follow this  
sharky1961

Subsea or FIT Pro diopter

Hi,

I am looking for a wet diopter.

Wich would you recommend and why the Subsea or the FIT Pro??

Who has done some comparissing tests with them??

Rob

Have a look at this

This doesn't however take into account the size and weight of the diopters and ease of use. I sell both of them but still prefer a combo of +8 and +16 FIT Pro for size and ease of lighting but this takes the price upwards somewhat.

http://www.deepshots.co.uk/2012/02/deepsho...e-up-lens-test/

thanks Alex.helped me a lot.

How much bigger in size is the Sub sea +5 compared to the Fit Pro +8?

Rob - I know it's probably a little late, but just so you know what you're purchasing, beware that the stated dioptric strengths of the FIT lenses are only valid in air. Underwater, they lose around 60-70% of their power because their lens elements are not sealed in air. Here are their approximate values underwater:

F.I.T. +5 = +2

F.I.T. +8 = +3

F.I.T. +16 = +5

So combining the F.I.T. +5 and +8 is as powerful as the SubSee +5 on its own, and combining the F.I.T. +16, +8, and +5 are as powerful as the SubSee +10 on its own.

Keri

Rob - I know it's probably a little late, but just so you know what you're purchasing, beware that the stated dioptric strengths of the FIT lenses are only valid in air. Underwater, they lose around 60-70% of their power because their lens elements are not sealed in air. Here are their approximate values underwater:

F.I.T. +5 = +2

F.I.T. +8 = +3

F.I.T. +16 = +5

So combining the F.I.T. +5 and +8 is as powerful as the SubSee +5 on its own, and combining the F.I.T. +16, +8, and +5 are as powerful as the SubSee +10 on its own.

Keri

+16+8+5 = + 29 no ? And the focal length - must be squishing the fish ? So water will reduce magnification due to surface curvature - make it 33% less efficient Hmmm!

LOL. Thats a lot of glass just to do +10......Definitely not compact. Longer than Subsee for sure.

Could fix that. Just add air and less glass ;0)

Cheers

David

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements