Steve Williams

One day Sale on Lightroom $79.00

Also check Adobe site direct - they have been running this offer all month !

Paul C

Looks like they're getting ready to issue LR 4, guessing March?

Cheers,

Steve

Suspect you are right Steve. But there will be an upgrade path LR3 to LR4 so it should be a cost effective entry to LR4 anyhow.

Paul C

i thought i remember reading that they would not do an upgrade for LR3 to LR4? i hope that i am wrong though..

I think the thinking is that one of two things will happen.

Either the retail price of Lightroom 4 will drop significantly (to fall in line with Aperture), or there will be a discounted upgrade path.

This makes things awkward to recommend buying LR3 in the expectation that this will give access to LR4 at a reduced rate.

It may be that everyone will simply buy LR4 at reduced price and no discounted upgrade will be available. Ultimately, the only people that know the answer to this are not saying at the moment!

The beta expires on 31 March, and unless they release a beta 2 (which they have done in the past), the new version will have been released prior to this.

Saying all that, LR3 is a great tool in its own right. LR4 will inevitably have a few bugs when released, so if you want a stable proven platform the the LR3 deal represent great value.

Adam

Sponsors

Advertisements