StephenFrink

Alert Diver - Choose Our Next Cover Please

post-630-1331307546.jpg

We are hosting a cover test for the next cover of Alert Diver at http://www.alertdiver.com. (you'll have to go to the website as screengrab above is not live).

Please vote your preference for our Spring issue, to begin rolling off the presses April 24th.

Interesting, i voted for the penguin option. With my slow net the photo on WP slowly loaded from the top down and I thought i would vote for the hammer as it slowly came into view as i thought it was going to be a strong vertical hammer portrait, but then it stopped halfway through the fins and it seemed like a very unnatural place to "end" the photo, so it was the penguins for me.

Interesting, i voted for the penguin option. With my slow net the photo on WP slowly loaded from the top down and I thought i would vote for the hammer as it slowly came into view as i thought it was going to be a strong vertical hammer portrait, but then it stopped halfway through the fins and it seemed like a very unnatural place to "end" the photo, so it was the penguins for me.

Good eye, Mike. If it turns out the shark is the winner we'll crop it differently for the cover. I've seen the file, and the pecs are there.

How about a penguin 'In the Water', damn they're fast and hard to film. Hammers are too easy.

Steve

Hammers are too easy.

Steve

I'd love to see one of your "easy" Hammer shots Steve. :drink:

Cheers,

Steve

I'd love to see one of your "easy" Hammer shots Steve. :drink:

Cheers,

Steve

Especially great hammerheads. I don't see photos of them so often. Having said that, I love the environmental aspect of penguins.

Would love to film a Great Hammerhead, never even seen one. A ton of scalloped hammers though.

Steve

I have to with the penguins too. Being able to work around them at times give me a soft spot for them

Stephen

Hammers, why is this a question?

Hammerhead running well ahead in voting so far. Penguin lovers are going to have to unite to forge an upset!

I would definitely go for the hammerhead. In my eye more visually pleasing.

Hammerhead won. Thanks all who voted. I'll be on press with the next issue of Alert Diver on April 26, in member mailboxes beginning around May 4th.

Sponsors

Advertisements