escape

nudibranch ID

Can anyone ID this nudibranch? it looks like flatworm but has very small rhinophores & gills. size about half cm, found at Manado (img captured from footage).

post-23965-1331522669.jpg

Can anyone ID this nudibranch? it looks like flatworm but has very small rhinophores & gills. size about half cm, found at Manado (img captured from footage).

I think if I saw that on a dive I'd be thinking "I wonder what slug laid that egg mass" :drink:

Cheers,

Jim.

PS- is there a link to the footage?

Edited by JimSwims

I think if I saw that on a dive I'd be thinking "I wonder what slug laid that egg mass" :drink:

Cheers,

Jim.

PS- is there a link to the footage?

I just got back from trip. I'll post footage soon.

Thanks,

[vimeohd]39123566[/vimeohd]

I just upload video clip from Manado trip.

This nudi (or worm) on 06:05.

Thanks,

separate footage.

[flickrvideo]6870525366[/flickrvideo]

My first response was the same as Jim's but it's a flatworm. Many of them have that type of tentacles. The white streak in the middle of the body is the stomach and the 2 white spots at the end of the stomach are internal reproductive organs. The movement is very characteristic for a flattie.

Leslie, could this be a Leptoplanid?

Cheers,

Jim.

That's one possibility. Callioplanidae and Planoceridae are 2 more families that have dorsal tentacles and very thin, transparent & cryptically patterned bodies. I don't really know flatworms & just picture key them like most people so I'm not willing to go past "flatworm" as an id.

Cheerios, L

Sponsors

Advertisements