Sign in to follow this  
loftus

Video Recording Devices

I would like to get some input from folks for a video recording device. My needs are twofold; the first is unrelated to photography - I want to be able to record high quality ultrasound imaging that is output through a Mac Book Pro monitor output. The second will be if I ever get around to recording the uncompressed output from my D800. My first need is immediate, my second is just a possibility.

I need high quality for medical purposes, but definitely don't want to break the bank doing it. Things like the Sony Medical Recorder are way beyond the price point I want, as adding medical quadruples the price. I'm sure there are non-medical devices like this that do the same thing.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-HVO1000MD/

Edited by loftus

The two I would look at would be the Pix 240 or the Atmos Ninja or Samurai depending on your needs and connectivity. What output do you have from the MBP, you may need to look at Blackmagic as they also do a stack of converters and capture devices.

If the images for the ultrasound are on your mbp can't you just use some screen capture recording software? I don't have any to recommend but I know at least a couple work really well. Other than that what Jon said and you can get mini display to hdmi adapters for ninja or pix devices which are both great.

Cheers, Simon

If the images for the ultrasound are on your mbp can't you just use some screen capture recording software? I don't have any to recommend but I know at least a couple work really well. Other than that what Jon said and you can get mini display to hdmi adapters for ninja or pix devices which are both great.

Cheers, Simon

Thanks guys, good idea Simon, too obvious for me to think of - let me look into that first.

Actually, even though it is a MBP the ultrasound device runs on Windows, so I have to look for Windows video capture software.

Edited by loftus

I bought and paid for Ambrosia's SnapZ Pro X and have used it constantly for screen captures as well as video captures. I have found it flawless on both my Mac Pro and MBP. I do not believe they make a PC version of it however.

Steve

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements