Sign in to follow this  
Reefwreck

Anemonefish

Gulp, do I dare ?? :) This is from my recent trip to Thailand, which was my first using an external strobe (Inon Z-220). All constructive comments welcome !

Cheers.

aai.jpg

Beautiful shot! having recently spent a week chasing Anemone Fish around Vanuatu I can appreciate how difficult it is to get a good shot! I never realised how much shutter lag my Camera had until I tried for the Anemone fish pictures .... I have so many shots of "Fish Bums" you wouldn't believe it! man they are quick! this was one of the better shots of my trip

2004.07.18.jpg

I enjoyed both "Nemo" shots. :-) Anemonefish are fun to watch and photograph.

The depth & "in your face" composition of the first shot is excellent. And, the color of the anemone in the second adds to the shot.

Scott

I think the first shot could benefit from a little cropping off the bottom, in order to have less of the tentacles, and draw your eye to the fish. Otherwise it's lovely.

I find the backgound of the second one distracting. Perhaps a little burning in would improve the shot and make the subject stand out more.

Cheers,

Great Composition and Nice Colors.

Could be a tiny bit better if there where a little more room to the left and the upper side.

Simon

The colours in the first shot are great and I love the eye contact.

I think it would benefit from a closer "wide" crop?

.........hope its acceptable to do this but,.... this is how I cropped it, adjusted the contrast slightly and took two specks out with the clone tool from the head of the second fish.

Aengus

Edit, and also a slight sharpen.

I would have thought it would look better with the subject's eye intersecting on the top left thirds intersection, but Aengus is completely right. It looks much better with the tighter crop. Amazing saturation, color, and overall texture! Put that baby on the wall! 8)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements