Sign in to follow this  
BC-SeaDragon

Diving Mallorca

Hi All,

Yet another last minute trip that I need some guidance on. Heading to Mallorca, Spain for a few days and curious where to dive. I'm sure its not spectacular but any suggestions of where to go and with who would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Kelly

Well I've only dived there once in 3 trips. Never brought my big cameras there because I'm not a big cave and wreck fan and the cave and wrecks are the best things in Mallorca. My semi-local friend only dives the south west sites where they are protected MPAs or the caves. I didn't write the sites down but if I remember correctly, we had to go to the little islets around the big island. Saw some octo, breem, goatfish, cuda etc. Typical Med fare.

Can't help you with ops as my friends has all the gear and boat. Sorry. I can say that you should choose the ops with a covered boat. I saw dive ops with RIB and uncovered boats and it got pretty hot even for the 20-30min rides. Have fun!

Hi Kelly,

I visited Majorca (Santa Ponsa-2005) once and did a few dives in it (not alot-but just enough to get a flavour..I was not a camera person then tho', so the only images I have are in my head!!)

I really enjoyed the dives I did do ....and I dived with these guys. ....www.divingzoea.com

I also dived the marine park called Cabrera- it was fabulous! Lovely Mediteranean sea-scapes, caves, visibility, life etc etc.

http://divingzoea.com/marine-reserves-majorca-cabrera.php

I would say Majorca has alot to offer as a dive destination- actually, any of the Baleriac islands are lovely for diving IMHO.

Hope this helps, and have a great trip!

Damo

Edited by Damo

Mallorca as all of the Mediterranean islands have mostly excellent viz between 70 and 100 ft and nice deep blue waters,

and depending on the location spectacular seascapes. Except in some of the AMP (Marine Parks) there is usually

not so much bigger fishes to see but a lot of small size fishes and especially nudibranch and other macro stuff.

As you are already there i suggest you to do some dives there but as i never dove the Balearic islands i have no

hint where to go or what dive operation.

Enjoy your trip!

Chris

Tips for diving in Mallorca in winter? Best sites? We are going this week and are keen on sealife rather than wrecks. Cheers

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements