Sign in to follow this  
gina

Sea Turtle & Shark Tagging at Cocos Island on UH's Argo

Conservation groups Turtle Island Restoration Network of the US and PRETOMA of Costa Rica run semiannual trips to Cocos Island where they perform ongoing sea turtle and shark tagging. Join them September 24 - October 6, 2012 for a 12 day trip on the Undersea Hunter's Argo where you will do four dives a day and can help participate in catching turtles and tagging sharks.

I've done this trip twice before (and would be on this one as well, if only my schedule allowed it) and thought it was an amazing experience. Not only do you get to do all the world-renowned Cocos dives, you also get to contribute to conservation research, AND trips are tax-deductible (at least in the US).

For more information please go here: http://www.seaturtles.org/article.php?id=1703

-Gina

5674327277_83d4b6dd5a_n.jpg 5674315901_9686723f38_n.jpg 5674343211_34b29ec4dc_n.jpg

Hey Gina,

I noticed that the # of sea turtles was greatly reduced on my trip there last summer. The long liners are out in force.

Steve

I noticed that the # of sea turtles was greatly reduced on my trip there last summer. The long liners are out in force.

That's such a shame. Personally I'd love to see the rangers' boats outfitted with torpedoes :)

-Gina

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements