diver dave1

You know you are a U/W/ photo nerd when...

You know you are a U/W/ photo nerd when...

You have a B-day party and your favorite present is a book on Sea Slugs...

Someone mentions getting excited at watching a mating video and you immediately think of a reef spawning video you once saw...

What are your thoughts on your nerdy realizations?

I just dropped a pile of coin on a 45 degree viewfinder and just think it's the best invention since sliced bread. Mrs. Stoo was just looking at me with her head tilted over to one side... the same look by dog gives me when he has no idea what I'm going on about...

(I pointed out to her that I don't understand why anyone needs 25 pairs of shoes...)

OMG, if I have two 45 degree viewfinders AND 25 pairs of shoes what does that make me... (and keep the Imelda Marcos jokes to yourself please, she didn't shoot with Canon's!) :lol:

Edited by Timmoranuk

You know you're an U/W photo nerd when you are planning on taking over/under shots in fountains around NYC just to use your housing.

You know you're an underwater photographic nerd when you raid your children's college fund for that new D800...

Tim

:lol:

I go with tdpriest,

i can't get this damned D800 out of my mind .....

The D800 pictures i saw here impressed me very much especially because of the dynamic range.

Anyway, somebody like me who drag 2-3 cameras around, just bought 2 video lights and carry about 2 times more luggage and weight

in camera gear than clothes is probably a U/W/ photo nerd as well .....

Chris

OMG, if I have two 45 degree viewfinders AND 25 pairs of shoes what does that make me... (and keep the Imelda Marcos jokes to yourself please, she didn't shoot with Canon's!) :lol:

Perhaps you are the peacock of U/W divers.

Or the Male Mandarin fish. If they had feet, he would likely have lots of shoes.

Edited by diver dave1

....when you consider buying a MakerBot just to custom-make your own plastic zoom gears, adaptors, and fittings for your underwater camera.

...when the possibility that there is at long last a fix for longitudinal chromatic aberration gets you excited. :P

We should make one of those "sh!t underwater photographers say" video - everybody submits a 3-5 second clip to saying something they would say and someone with better video editing skills than me puts it together.

You can differentiate types of o-ring grease on smell alone.

Can you really?? Yeah, that's nerdy! :P

When you inform your wife your new Really Right Stuff tripod, ball head and L-plate has just been delivered, she then gently nods toward you, winks and informs you it's International Nerd Day, May 25, yikes... :P

When you've slept with your housing, you've showered with your housing and you've licked the dome port.

You know you are a U/W photo nerd because you check Wetpixel online more then once a day!

You know you are an underwater photographic nerd when you are asked if you ever dive without a camera.

People dive without cameras? I am always learning.

Steve

You know you are a U/W photo nerd because you check Wetpixel online more then once a day!

Guilty as charged..

When your wife suggests an evening investigating the best use of a lubricant and you promptly head to the camera room and work on lubricating O-rings all evening. :P

When your wife suggests an evening investigating the best use of a lubricant and you promptly head to the camera room and work on lubricating O-rings all evening. :P

Maybe also if you have a camera room :-)

When your wife suggests an evening investigating the best use of a lubricant and you promptly head to the camera room and work on lubricating O-rings all evening. :)

That's taking it too far!! I think exploring the best use of lubricant with your wife will probably bring inspiration to your photographs... So please... explore the lubes with your wife and not your housing :-).

KY on o-rings....hmmm never thought of that.

steve

You know you are an uw photo nerd geek when your husband puts in a special request 6 months in advance of arrival of house-guests for special permission to clear dining-room table of uw camera gear for a [gasp!] dinner!

Edited by Marjo

The D800. Did we really need so many Mp?

you dive with 2-3 cameras and 2 hand held lamps.

Sponsors

Advertisements