John Dory

annoying sound recording

peanut_butter_01.wav

I am trying to record a narrative for my video short. I'm using Adobe Sound Booth with a headphone set and microphone. On saying certain sounds such as B or P, I get, what I can only describe as over amplification of the syllable, which is unacceptable. I have tried various distances from the mic but there comes a point where the mic will not pick up the sound Any ideas as to how I can overcome this?

John Dory

For $10 or 15 dollars go to your local music shop like Guitar Center and buy a Pop Screen. This is attached between your microphone and yourself and will significantly help in providing pop noise protection and as an effective reducer of sibilance in speech.

Steve

John,

Just noticed that you are from the UK. There is a company there called Editors Keys that makes a double pop screen that works beautifully. Here's an old review I wrote on a few of their products.

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/edito...th_douglas.html

Steve

Or you can just place your microphone 45 degrees off to the side so that it still picks up the sound but doesn't receive the blast of air on those plosives. This is what Jay Rose recommends in this book.

Alternatively, in a jam, use the sheer lining from stocking/leggings/tights. Works just as well.

Alternatively, in a jam, use the sheer lining from stocking/leggings/tights. Works just as well.

I agree my voice over sounds amazing when I wear silk stockings :lol:

Dean

That's what a lot of people told me about you Deano :lol:

Steve

Sponsors

Advertisements