Sign in to follow this  
maxw

comments welcome

Thanks in advance for looking at the photos : always welcome the chance to learn from you guys.

Max.

post-22105-1340802953.jpg

post-22105-1340802969.jpg

Well Max...my two cents...by all means take with a grain of salt...I am no expert.

The first one...potential...I mean..two morays interacting like this on a dive would get me very interested!!!

If I was doing this I would try to isolate the eels from the distracting background...rather than have the light falling straight at them...to me it looks like the light is a little flat..maybe angle your strobe to create some 'eel and shadow'..

Second one is actually well captured re: peak of the action..you have a seal blowing out his bubbles..try a black and white conversion and see what it looks like maybe??...I think the conditions were soupy the day you took this..so well done u for getting the image!

I agree with Damo about these two images. I'll also add that it appears you were shooting down on the two eels. Next time try shooting either at their level, or if possible, shooting up towards them. If you can shoot up you'll have a chance at isolating the animals against the water column, then you can adjust your strobes & exposure to darken the background and highlight the eels. I look forward to seeing more photos!

-Gina

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements