Sign in to follow this  
rstark

Aquatica CP5000 Dome Port Shade

Hello All,

Does anyone else want a dome port shade for the 19mm wide angle dome port? I asked Aquatica about it and it is possible but they have not had any other requests so at present they will not be doing it. If they get some more requests they will consider making one. So all you Aquatica cp5000 owners out there, please drop Norma or blake an email or better yet a phone call and tell them that it would be a great accessory. This is not only great for preventing flair at certain angles but also helps protect the dome port itself as the dome sticks out beyond the metal barrel and is very susceptible to scratching.

PLEASE!

Bob,

You can make your own if you can get a piece or relatively thick plastic sheet. Cut a strip and wrap it around the front of the port. Then slide it out until you start to see it in the picture.

Start cutting the petals in at this point at the corners. You'll have to experiment to get the longest top and bottom petals that you can fit w/o seeing them.

After all is done, use a large hose clamp from Home Depot to hold it on the port, or alternatively, for a "cool look" a black zip tie.

HTH

James

Great idea James. Any thoughts on what type of plastic material that comes in black? I was thinking of black PVC tubing but I can't find it in the diameter I need (3.5in ID).

I'm thinking of a black plastic sheet that is thick and stiff, yet flexible. You can cut a 2" strip that is about 12 inches long and wrap it around the port.

James

I was just looking through the McMaster-Carr catalog and found Nylon strips that come in all sorts of thickneses. The problem is, I don't know the first think about plastics and what is hard material and what is flexible. I'm sure if I knew what I was looking for they would have it.

I would still like to find a 3.5in inside diameter tubing that I could modify so if anyone knows of material like this please let me know.

Off topic, thanks for the heads-up on McMaster Carr. I just found some stuff there I've been looking for on and off for quite some time!

I'd be in for sure. I couldn't believe that the dome port didn't come with a shade standard.

One question: why do they cut the corners on the shades???

They are cut so the edge of the shade isn't seen in the corners of the picture (vignetting).

Fire off an email to Aquatica requesting a dome shade.

Of course. Round dome, square sensor. duh!

Can I strike the question from the record??

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements