Sign in to follow this  
pcourty

Closer

Hello Pierre,

I like em but think that there is too much red. Does this come from the flash or did you manipulated the colours in PS?

Hello Christian

No: I never change the color with photshop. It's the natural colors of the fish and also the environment.

I put the complete picture of the same fish

>

Pierre

I think it is a Velvia effect! The super saturation of the Fuji Slide film IMO changed everyones tastes towards more saturated images through the 1990s. It will be interesting whether the inherently less saturated colours of digi-chips change our tastes towards less saturated images, or whether we continue to Velvia-ify our images in Photochop.

I really like the patterns of the Scorp-fish's face.

Hi Pierre,

I played a bit with your image and went for a less saturated look. It is difficult to work with such a small size and in no way perfect but please let me know what you think.

Was it a night dive? What kind of lightning did you use? Flash or torch. When I take pictures with my buddy lightning the object by torch I mostl get very reddish pictures.

After all it is just a matter of taste...

I agree with Alex. It's the "natural" color that the film records - or should I say "un-natural." Film responds non-linearly at the ends - giving eye popping reds and deep sexy blues, because that's what people like.

But is that real? Does it matter?

Cheers

James

Hello Christian

Thank for the work on the picture. It's not a night dive but a little cloudy. I use two SB105. Probably it's also the colors of the environment!

An other image with the same film, the same day

03_06_015_8.jpg

Sure the result is a little "hot" in color

The second on is great and i like the saturated look. But the first is to dark for my taste.

Simon

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements