Sign in to follow this  
karmaportrait

First Housing Advice - Upgrade the camera body too?

Hi all,

I'm looking to expand into surf photography - an amateur for fun shooter otherwise. Before I drop $1400 for a new SPL I was pondering if I should upgrade my camera body as well if I'm going to lock myself into this housing and spending that much on it. Currently have a D90, would I essentially be investing in "old" technology? I understand that just because it's old doesn't necessarily mean it is "bad" and couldn't do what I want it to, just want to spend my money most wisely.

Options:

1) Keep the D90, get a new SPL [easiest]

2) Ditch the D90, get a new body and a new SPL [expensive]

3) Look for a used SPL on ebay/Craigslist, probably a Canon since they are more prevalent to save money and get a new (better) body to fit the housing (and lenses)

Thanks!

Chris

I'd first off look at the rest of this forum, they have a decicated surf photo end!

$1400 is chump change for us ppl that love pretty fishes'

and not even about lens prices, just a camera body- most of the hardcore here won't even speak about it- they believe you should rtfm and know what you want to achieve.

Good luck krisso sarbi! may you breath easy in the surf! you are marine lover not a killer, so I respect you, let karma be your spine in the water.....

Edited by DamonA

For surf only, you don't need a $1200 big hard waterproof box.

One of the water proof heavy duty plastic bags, purpose made to take camera underwater would probably do the job just fine.

No gear upgrade needed.

http://www.ewa-marine.com/index.php?id=90

http://www.amazon.co...pd_bxgy_p_img_c

Also, a simple waterproof digicam might do the job just fine. The panasonic ts3 or ts4 are decent performers.

Enjoy.

Edited by derway

Hey I am selling my SPL 5DMKII housing with two ports and accessories for USD$1500.

This is a very good price see classifieds section of forum for details.

Cheers

Matt

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements