Sign in to follow this  
peterclark

Pelican Case for Dome Port

I have an Ikelite 8" dome port with the extender for a Tamron fisheye lens. I also have a pelican case that I keep my housing, strobe, and port for my macro in. I now am looking for a pelican case just for my dome port. Does anyone know of a specific pelican case that would fit the dome port well? There are just so many options and I didn't know if anyone knew of any offhand. Thanks!

A lot of people just get some sort of tupperware or 'cake pan' to hold the port, and pad the inside with a towel where it might contact the dome face. I know with an extension this might have to get pretty deep, but you can detach the extension and pack separately (and pack a plastic-handled strap wrench) with less space than leaving it assembled.

I have just been wrapping domes up in a piece of old wetsuit and strapping bungies around to hold it on, then stuffing it in the middle of my checked bag with the dive gear. So far...so good....but it hasn't travelled on a lot of trips with me overall.

(Is it just me or is there a lot of weirdness with font size when replying in the new Wetpixel??)

Edited by rtrski
  • Like 1

I love that idea! My main reason for it is to just store it at home when not in use. I live right near a ton of diving but unfortunately only get to go out a few times a year and need a good method of protecting the port from myself. Tupperware should be perfect. Thanks!

I have an Ikelite 8" dome port with the extender for a Tamron fisheye lens.

I have this dome port on order, and am looking for the same solution. Can you tell me the deminsions of the port (I know it is 8" in diameter, what is the other dimension)?

Thanks,

--Mark

I use a tupperware type cake box as well. Just remove the cake lifter. The dome & shade is about 25 cm (about 10 inch). THe height is 10,5 cm (just measured, my kit is ready for a wreck diving weekend, that has been cut to just the sunday because of wave height.) I have a cake box where the smallest port body (the one used for the tokina 10-17 and the sigma 15) can stay attached comfortably

I just bought a scubapro reg bag for $30. It has a shell and padding, plus a nifty sleeve for a roll-on handle. Perfect for packing in the middle of my clothes bag or slipped over the handle of my roller because security always wants to know what it is.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements