Sign in to follow this  
jerome@gasava

12/24 sigma in a subal housing ?

hi,

before purchasing my new zoom lens for my S2, I'm asking you if you've heard something about the 12/24 Sigma in a Subal complete housing system.

Does it fit in it ? The diameter of the lens seems to be very important (about 82 mm ?).

does anyone have the answer ?

thank you

I've e-mailed Subal with similar such questions. They usually answer quickly and accurately. They sometimes close down for a week or so, though.

Shoot, you've already spent a mint of money, why not get the Nikkor 12-24 for $350 more? I think you won't regret that decision, but you will regret the Sigma.

The Nikkor lens also has a 77mm front thread for filters and diopters, which you may find you need.

HTH

James

thanks for your answers,

i've also asked via mail Subal, but they still don't answer.....

Ok James i think you're right, the sigma doesn't allow me a front lens.

A french photo magazine has recently noticed a dramatic vignetting on the sigma until F8 !! and especially with the S2 ...........so I'll wait a little bit ......

I do have to second the Nikon 12-24. It is what I use with my Subal and D100. Very sharp lens. To my eye as good as my 17-35.

Does the Subal D10 with the FE2 port allow you to use the zoom ring on the 12-24? Is there a gear to attach to the lens?

Which 12-24? I think at this point you need to say Nikon or Sigma as they are both being discussed in this thread.

Cheers

James

No problem whatsoever using a zoom ring on Nikon 12-24 with the Subal FS2 housing for S2. Which port isn't an issue as far as zoom ring is concerned, but you definitely want the FE2 port for the 12-24 Nikon lens. I'm very happy with this lens with the FE2 port.

The gear for the 12-24 from Subal is extra wide to reach the zoom ring. I doubt the same gear will work with the 18-35. Of all the Subal gear rings I have gotten; none of them have worked on more than one lens.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements