Sign in to follow this  
martys

Light & Motion Mod Light

I'm considering adding an LMI Mod Light to my housing as a focusing light. I've noticed Eric and several others use these for focusing lights on their rigs. I called Backscatter today and they said the Mod Lights are currently unavailable due to a design change currently under development. I had heard there was a recall on them due to them turning on by themselves but had not heard the current design was no longer shipping.

Does anyone have any info as to when these wonderful lights might be available again?

thanks.

I have heard that this mod light may no longer be in production.

I would check with Backscatter to see if they are still selling it. I think they may have a better model coming out soon - sorry, but I don't have the dates either.

Cheers

James Wiseman

I would check with Backscatter to see if they are still selling it. I think they may have a better model coming out soon - sorry, but I don't have the dates either.

My supplier refused to sell me one until the design change was complete and didn't expect to ship until mid-late march at the earliest.

I purchased a Mod Light last fall, direct from L&M. It was backordered for several weeks, but I received it October 8th. They had already gone through the recall, and had changed how the light turned on (I believe it now requires 2 presses of the button in rapid succession). They had also put on a cap for the button to cover it when not in use, thereby preventing accidental pressing of the button.

I assumed that all these changes meant it is OK now. I am surprised to learn that it may be cancelled or undergoing further redesign.

You can contact Paul Barnett directly at L&M, he was always a big help to me. His e-mail is pbarnett@lmindustries.com

I think the mod light is great! It helped my CP5000 focus in low light conditions. But where it really "shined" :) was on night dives. I dove with it on medium power and used it as my primary dive light. Expensive ... but worth it.

I love my mod lights. I have two now.

I wonder what they are doing to it. I hate buying new things and having them redesigned a few months after! :)

This safety recall has been published in the diving press as follows:

It was determined that is partially flooded the light could turn itself on, heat up and cause property damage. (read fire). The printed press release for the recall suggests if you have a flooded light to remove the bulb from it & calling L & M for a RMA number.

I received this update on the Mod Light from LMI yesterday -

Sent: Fri 3/5/2004 4:32 PM

To: Marty Steinberg

Subject: Re: Mod Light

Hello Marty-

The 2004 Mod light should be done in about 8 weeks. Backscatter can certainly help you purchase if you would like to get in the que for one. Let us know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Eric Squires

Light & Motion

I was informed by Backscatter yesterday that the new redisgned LMI Mod Light is "still under development and not expected for another 5-6 MONTHS"

This is so lame, anyone know of any out of the way u/w camera shops that might have one of the old ones around I could buy?

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements