Sign in to follow this  
stewsmith

Komodo thru a Macro lens

A small selection of macro images from another amazing trip to Komodo on the Mermaid 1. All images taken with Canon 5D MKII, Sea and Sea YS250's, Canon 100mm, super macro images with Subsee +10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26034596@N08/sets/72157631686058345/show/

Enjoy

Stew

• Like 1

Wonderful Stew! How did you focus with the +10? Did the lens do it on AF or did you manually focus. The Subsee is a blast to use with the 100mm.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve. This was my first real trip with the Subsee and I was pretty worried about lighting positioning as the 250's are so big, but I think I managed to pull of a few nice images. As for focusing, it was a bit of both MF and AF. The Subsee is an amazing tool especially for full frame sensors shooting macro. Obviously the depth of field is minimal but I think it is a great piece of glass to have on the 100mm. The 100mm behaved perfect in AF but i am sure that without a good focus light it might hunt a little. I actually had the +5 on my rig as well but didn't use it once. I can't wait to go back out to Indonesia for another bash. WA images coming soon

Great show, well done

thx,

Elmer

Great job,Stew.Look forward to see your WA photo set.

Cheers,

Nu

Enjoy? I certainly did!

The colour, focus and resolution are spot on. You've a good eye for "critters" and a nice way of framing them...

• Like 1

Cheers Elmer, Nu, Paul, Tim and Alex

Regards

stew

Nice pictures, would you please tell me what's the good macro and night dive site in your komodo trip ? because I'll go diving komodo in Oct. 25-Nov.01. Thanks

One word Stew - WOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!

Awesome set of macro shots. Great job for a first time with the subsee. On my wish list - trip and subsee.

Thanks for sharing - DiverPam

• Like 1

Hi Steve. This was my first real trip with the Subsee and I was pretty worried about lighting positioning as the 250's are so big, but I think I managed to pull of a few nice images. As for focusing, it was a bit of both MF and AF. The Subsee is an amazing tool especially for full frame sensors shooting macro. Obviously the depth of field is minimal but I think it is a great piece of glass to have on the 100mm. The 100mm behaved perfect in AF but i am sure that without a good focus light it might hunt a little. I actually had the +5 on my rig as well but didn't use it once. I can't wait to go back out to Indonesia for another bash. WA images coming soon

I'm using the same set 5DmarkII+100mm for marco shot. As I'm using Aquatica housing, and it can only use Aquatica +10. I fully agree with you +10 is an ammazing tool for super macro shooting.

Cheers Eileen, Damo and Pam.

Eileen, there are many critter sites around Komodo but my favourite was called Bethlehem ( unusual suspects ). You will love the diversity of what Komodo has to offer. Manta rays one minute and Pygmy seahorses the next. Fast adrenalin drift dives in the morning and then lazy black sand muck dives in the afternoon. This was my second trip and I can't wait to go back

Stew

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements