Sign in to follow this  
scubamarli

Where to go for 10 days in March 2013?

I have two weeks off in March, 2013. Been a lot of places, and I am seeking something new. Love super-macro, but appreciate wide angle opportunities, but big stuff is not my priority. Probably traveling solo, so huge single supplements are not appealing. Liveaboards are not desirable, as I am done with them for a while. (Man, I am picky, but somewhat claustrophobic). I am looking for relaxed diving with amenities and good guiding, and not in the Caribbean. Bali and Lembeh have been done numerous times...looking for a different opportunity. Any suggestions out there for someone based on the west coast of Canada??? Contacts appreciated.

Cheers,

Marli

• Like 1

Anilao in Philippines maybe? Great for macro & more reasonably priced than some other destinations. About a 2 hr drive south of Manila.

Okay... since you like Lembeh and Bali : how about Ambon which combines Lembeh level macro and great reefs on top? Maluku divers for instance, fantastic guiding, Rhinopias bonanza all-you-can-shoot, if you're into budget I can also recommend Blue Rose divers in Ambon (Robert is my favorite guide in Indo) and some decent but basic accoms nearby.

if you need to see something else on top with gorgeous beaches you can take a ferry and stay 4-5 days at Cape Paperu on Saparua island nearby. A bit expensive, though but you're nearby paradise, if you want much more basic, I know other adresses too.

Connexion to Ambon is direct and 4-5 times daily from Jakarta.

Philippines is a good idea too : arriving in Cebu city you can do some island hopping on a safari boat (overnight on land) with Sea Explorers, 4-5 islands in 10 days time. Philippines always comes on top of the list when good bio guiding is wanted.

If you like macro and muck, then Anilao and Lembeh are the spots. I've been to both on numerous trips and really like Anilao.

Anilao, it is! smile.png

Nice. I have been looking for a warm place to fend off some of Alaska's winters. The Philippines were suggested as an option. Would love to check it out. I look forward to a trip report.

Lovely website. You get around as much as me! ;^) Enjoy!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements